OUR 2017 SCHEDULE IS NOW LIVE!
Want to work for Shuto Con? All Staff (Directors & Assistant Directors) and Crew (Cafe Waitstaff, Performers, & At-Event Crew) will earn at least minimum wage for their time logged during Shuto Con 2017! As such, we will be adding a bit of structure to our recruitment, hiring, and training process.
Temporary At-Event Crew (Formally known as "Volunteers")
Temporary At-Event Crew consists of everything we previously titled "Volunteers" - this is to make it clear in any legal paperwork required for the transition into paying people that we are no longer having unpaid volunteers at our convention. If you’re being hired in to help with our event but are not a Director or Assistant Director, you’re most likely part of the At-Event Crew, Cafe Waitstaff, or Cafe Performers! At-Event Crew will now make $8.90/hour during their time worked at Shuto Con 2017.
The Application Process
Crew Applications will be accepted now through February 11th. Crew Members (previously known as Volunteers) are in charge of managing lines and assisting staff with many vital jobs throughout the weekend and get paid to do it! Crew must be at least 18 years old by March 17th, 2017 and must be preregistered before applying. For more information and to start the application process, click here! Any questions or concerns can be directed to the comments on this post or sent to our Crew Operations Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
A few things to note before applying:
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old on March 16th, 2017 in order to work at Shuto Con 2017.
- All applicants must have a pre-registered Shuto Con Badge (order number) before submitting their application.
- If hired, no At-Event Crew Member will be permitted to work beyond 24 hours over the Shuto Con 2017 weekend, with a maximum shift length of 4 hours.
- No further compensation is guaranteed.
- Shuto Con Artists and Dealers will not be eligible for hourly wages at this time.
- Travel, parking, food, and rooming costs will not be covered by Shuto Con.
- Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion and job status, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability.
These rules are subject to change.