Want to work for Shuto Con? All Staff (Directors & Assistant Directors) and At-Event Crew will earn at least minimum wage for their time logged during Shuto Con 2018! As such, we will be adding a bit of structure to our recruitment, hiring, and training process.
Temporary At-Event Crew (Formally known as "Volunteers")
Temporary At-Event Crew consists of everything we previously titled "Volunteers" - this is to make it clear in any legal paperwork required for the transition into paying people that we are no longer having unpaid volunteers at our convention. If you’re being hired in to help with our event but are not a Director or Assistant Director, you’re most likely part of the At-Event Crew, Cafe Waitstaff, or Cafe Performers! At-Event Crew will now make $9.25/hour during their time worked at Shuto Con 2018.
The Application Process
Crew Applications will open in the Fall of 2017. Crew Members (previously known as Volunteers) are in charge of managing lines and assisting staff with many vital jobs throughout the weekend and get paid to do it! Crew must be at least 18 years old by March 23rd, 2018 and must be preregistered before applying. Any questions or concerns can be directed to the comments on this post or sent to our Crew Operations Staff at email@example.com
A few things to note before applying:
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old on March 23rd, 2018 in order to work at Shuto Con 2018.
- All applicants must have a pre-registered Shuto Con Badge (order number) before receiving their schedule (potential crew will NOT have to pre-register to apply starting this year).
- If hired, no At-Event Crew Member will be permitted to work beyond 24 hours over the Shuto Con 2017 weekend, with a maximum shift length of 4 hours.
- No further compensation is guaranteed.
- Shuto Con Artists and Dealers will not be eligible for hourly wages at this time.
- Travel, parking, food, and rooming costs will not be covered by Shuto Con.
- Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion and job status, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability.
These rules are subject to change.